YouCanMakeThis.com - Instant Download! Free Shipping Wildly Wonderful Wearables

Finally, A Show About Garment Sewing! Sandra Betzina is the Best!

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Free Sewing Pattern - Pajama Pants

Sewing Patterns

Sewing Friends:

Last post, I shared with you how to make nightgowns from t-shirts for Christmas gifts for kids. I made a few of these niteys for some special little girls. They are really cute!

I also made a few pajama pants using an old one-seam pants pattern I have. I added appliques to t-shirt, camisoles or sweatshirt tops to wear with the pj's.

Kids of all ages love these cuddly jammies. They are so quick and easy to sew. Choose some fun flannel, fleece or cotton print depicting their favorite sport, hobby or interest.

Today, I got the latest issue of Sew News - December 2007. It includes instructions to make pj pants. The best part is that Sew News has the sewing pattern for pajama pants online for you to download absolutely free. The pattern is for shorts, but the article explains how to lengthen the legs to make full length pajama pants.

Be careful of the size. The small size fits up to a 36 inch waist. The medium/large size fits up to a 44 inch waist.

The pj pants are fun and fast to sew. They can be baggy so you don't have to worry about perfect fit. Put in drawstring elastic waists if you aren't sure of size.

The leg length doesn't really matter either. Make them short, capri, long or whatever you want. Mix and match fabrics for more fun. Add bands of contrasting fabric to the bottom of the legs or how about some ruffles?

Try it! Sew some for Christmas gifts this year.

It just makes sense!

To Your Sewing Success,

Marian

1st Step To Sewing Success Sewing Courses
Sewing Success Sewing Blog
Sewing Project Tips Sewing Blog

Sewing Patterns

See more about sewing

Keywords: , , , , , ,

Feed Shark

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

Link

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Marian, thanks for the pattern info for sewing news! I get the magazine monthly too and didnt think to visit the site online!
I just bought 7 queen size flannel sheet sets and we never use the flat sheets in these sets. I am going to use the flat sheets to make me some jammies! So I will mathc my bed, lol. Thanks so much, Diana Adams of
Simply Sewing Notions
www.sewing-notions.com

12:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to sew, so I think your blog is awesome. Thanks for sharing.

11:46 PM  
Blogger minttea said...

Hi,

Its lovely to read about your sewing adventures! Btw, I went to the link for the sewing pattern for pajama pants but I couldn't find the pattern on the site. Would you still happen to have it?

8:51 PM  
Blogger Marian said...

Aria:

You are right! I can no longer find the pattern either. However, you can find a basic pajama pant pattern in most of the commercial pattern books. These patterns are often on sale, too.

To Your Sewing Success,
Marian

2:54 PM  
Anonymous childrens trousers said...

I am very passionate about this craft. Because of your help I can easily say that sewing trouser is not that hard. I can barely said that the steps are very easy to follow.

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Web 1ststeptosewingsuccess.blogspot.com