YouCanMakeThis.com - Instant Download! Free Shipping Wildly Wonderful Wearables

Finally, A Show About Garment Sewing! Sandra Betzina is the Best!

Monday, October 15, 2007

Haute Hostess Aprons

Aprons

Sewing Friends:

Just when I thought I had seen everything, a friend sent me this video on "Haute Hostess Aprons" designed by Elizabeth Scokin.

These simple aprons are "big news". Elizabeth says that you aren't supposed to cook in them. You are just to look glamourous. I need more than an apron to make that happen.

The "big news" to me is the "BIG PRICE" that she gets for these hostess aprons. I can't believe that someone would pay from $100 to $300 for a simple apron that requires dry cleaning. But, I guess "Oprah" and "Martha" have them and that helps to make them desirable to folks who can afford them.

When I was a kid, I made aprons and sold them door to door for 50 cents. I know that was eons ago, but still $300 is really beyond belief for a yard of polyester or nylon or even silk fabric and a little trim.

Beginners can sew these aprons in an hour. Get out your sewing machines and stitch up some haute hostess aprons for yourself and your friends. You don't really need a pattern for this sewing project, however, there are lots of patterns available.

Preshrink your fabrics and trims to make your apron washable.

Design your own and give them as gifts. Think outside the box for fabric ideas. Check out the fabrics in Elizabeth's aprons.

If you really want to buy one, go to Haute Hostess Aprons. Or, show the site to your husband and tell hem how much you save him by sewing.

Think I will check my "stash" to see what glam aprons I can sew.

Aren't you glad that you sew? It just makes sense!

To Your Sewing Success,
Marian

Aprons

1st Step to Sewing Success Sewing Courses
Sewing Project Tips Sewing Blog
Sewing Success Sewing Blog

See more about sewing

Keywords: , , , , , ,

Feed Shark

Labels: , , , , , ,

Link

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to stop by and share with you how much I enjoy your newsletters. Thanks for taking to this to share with us!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Rebecca Haden said...

I'm with you on this, but if you want a glamorous and practical apron and don't want to make it yourself, check out http://www.formerprincess.com for very cute handmade ones at reasonable prices.
I made myself one from a Simplicity retor pattrn -- not as cute, frankly, but it works to keep my clothes clean.

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Web 1ststeptosewingsuccess.blogspot.com