YouCanMakeThis.com - Instant Download! Free Shipping Wildly Wonderful Wearables

Finally, A Show About Garment Sewing! Sandra Betzina is the Best!

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Serger Videos

Videos - How to Use Your Serger

Hi Sewing Friends:

It has been a long time since my last post. I've been so busy teaching. Plus, I recently moved. I am still getting settled. The new sewing room cabinets aren't finished yet. I don't seem to have enough time and energy to teach, write and keep house at the same time but I wanted to share this with you.

I just previewed some videos online that I think many of you would enjoy. Nancy Zieman of Sewing With Nancy always produces first quality videos to help you learn to sew or improve your sewing. These videos on serging are no exception. So, if you haven't seen them, take a look. Even if you are experienced with using your serger, you may pick up a few tips.

There are a series of three videos - each covering a different aspect of how to serge on your overlock machine. They are called, "Serge With Confidence - Part 1, 2 and 3".

Be sure to watch all of them for some good information.

The first video covers Basic Serging including 3 and 4 thread and the rolled edge. Go to:
Serge With Confidence - Part 1

The second video details Flatlocking and the Cover Stitch. Go to:
Serge With Confidence - Part 2

In the third video, Nancy teaches you how to use some serger specialty feet including the cording foot, ruffler and feller plus, she demonstrates how to serge a zipper in a pillow. Go to:
Serge With Confidence - Part 3

I hope you find these serging videos helpful.


To Your Sewing Success,

Marian

PS: Go to my Sewing Projects Tips Sewing Blog for a list of sewing videos you don't want to miss.

See more about sewing

Keywords: , , , , , ,

Feed Shark

Labels: , , , ,

Link

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just stumbled upon your site - very helpful! Thank you!
Adrienne

8:26 AM  
Blogger Trudy said...

Thanks for the resources.

www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Melissa said...

Hello,
I am a beginner. I sewed a bit, years and years ago, but I would like to get into it again. I'm considering getting a serger. Do you think that is a wise investment, and if so, can you recommend one for a beginner? I've read good reviews for the $200 ones, but would you invest a bit more and get a more expensive one with more features?
Thanks for any help,
Melissa

4:58 PM  
Blogger Marian said...

Melissa:

Like anything else, a serger is a good investment if you use it. I couldn't live without mine.

I highly recommend that you visit your local sewing machine dealers and go with the one who offers not only maintenance on the machine, but also classes on how to operate it.

Buying a machine from a good dealer who supports their machines is more critical than what brand you buy . . . kind of like buying a car.

Go with a machine that will help you do the type of sewing that you want to do in the near future. You can always upgrade to something more fancy later.

8:31 PM  
Blogger n*stitches said...

Great links! I wish I had these resources when I first bought my serger! It was a complete nightmare at first, but now I can't imagine living without it!

8:20 AM  
Blogger Katrinshine said...

Very interesting!!

9:17 AM  
Anonymous wedding aisle runners said...

I just found your site. thanks for the resources

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Vincent said...

I liked the videos, and very informative with a very good step by step presentation, Thank you.

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Mary said...

Thanks for your thoughts!

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Web 1ststeptosewingsuccess.blogspot.com