Whether you are trying to hem a circular skirt or a curved shirt tail hem, it should not have angles or tucks in the hem. Try this easy sewing technique for better curves.
Here are the steps to sew a narrow curved hem.
- Set the sewing machine for a regular stitch.
- Stitch through a single layer of fabric around the bottom of the hem 1/4 inch away from the bottom edge.
- Press up this 1/4 inch so that the stitches just slightly roll to the inside of the hem.
- Now, turn the hem up 1/4 inch again.
- Press the hem with steam. This will help ease in the hem to remove any extra fullness.
- Stitch the hem in place
Try it. It just makes sense.
To Your Sewing Success,
Sewing Technique - Sew A Curved Hem - Circular Skirt - Shirttail HemSee more about sewing
Keywords: sewing, sewing tips, sewing techniques, sewing projects, how to sew, sewing courses, sew